Magnetic resonance section
The Magnetic Resonance section provides scientific support to Clinical users of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy systems throughout the North West.
The scientific support is devised to enhance attributes of the MR clinical service, providing the ability for collaboration in research and development, and is underpinned by the provision of MR safety advice with respect to staff and patients.
The main elements of the scientific support can be summarised as follows:
- Provision of MR Safety Expert
- Development of a safety framework for MR, ensuring the safe use of MR equipment for patients and staff.
- Advise on selection and procurement of MR and related equipment and on the design of accommodation and facilities.
- Optimisation of techniques and procedures.
- Image analysis and interpretation of MR data for patients.
- Advice, support and provision of equipment QA procedures.
- Application of specialist scientific knowledge of MR to provide innovative solutions to clinical problems for groups of patients or on an individual patient basis.
- The group operates within BS EN ISO 9001:2000 quality system.
- Training for healthcare scientists in imaging with non-ionising radiation specialism
- Mr M E Hutton
- Dr J E Kilgallon
- Dr M J Dubec
- Mr S J Jackson
For more information please contact:
- Tel: 0161 446 3541
- E-mail email@example.com.