As a team we aim to provide patients with access to a wide range of clinical trials through all stages of their disease. These studies include chemotherapy and biological therapies and will be investigating new novel agents alongside new combinations of agents to standard treatment. As a team we run a variety of phase 1 to phase 3 trials.
We have a large portfolio and many years of experience in running innovative immunotherapy studies ensuring that our patients have access to new breakthrough agents, and ensuring we are delivering personalised medicine to patients.
We have built strong links with our industry partners to ensure that we have access to the latest trials and aim to ensure we can deliver pioneering trials to our patients. We are also a chief investigator (CI) site for a large number of our trials. This means that our local principal investigator (PI) has overall responsibility for the conduct of the trial in the UK.
The renal research team comprises medical oncologists, research fellows, research nurses and clinical trial coordination staff.
For further information on our principal investigators (PIs), please see the profiles below:
As a team we publish regular research newsletters. This helps us ensure all our colleagues in Greater Manchester are aware of the most up-to-date studies we have available and can refer patients they feel are suitable.
For a list of our currently recruiting studies, please follow the below link to our newsletter.
- Ensure availability of clinical trials to suitable patients during each stage of treatment through regular review of our portfolio
- Forging close working relationships with sponsors to ensure we have access to all appropriate clinical trials
- Increase and support patient referrals from sites outside The Christie through quarterly distribution of renal trials team newsletter
Team contact details:
Please see below contact details for the renal research team:
Evelyn Dolan (RNTL) 0161 918 2325 email@example.com
Kerry Dunn (Senior research nurse) 0161 918 7879
Kate Armitage (Clinical trial portfolio manager) 0161 918 7887
Varsha Mistry (Team secretary) 0161 446 7673
- Recruited three patients into the GU111 study to evaluate the efficacy of AZD6094 (HMPL-504) in patients with papillary renal cell carcinoma (PRCC) within a tight timeframe
- Recruited 10 patients into the Checkmate study, a phase 3, randomized, open-label study of nivolumab combined with ipilimumab versus sunitinib monotherapy in subjects with previously untreated, advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma
- Chosen as CI site for upcoming study to compare tivozanib with sorafenib in subjects with refractory advanced renal cell carcinoma
- Chosen as CI site for upcoming study to evaluate the tolerability, safety and efficacy of a study drug combined with axitinib in patients with advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma
- We were amongst the first sites in the world to recruit a patient into a phase 1b study looking at the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of axitinib (AG-013736) in combination with avelumab (MSB0010718C) in patients with previously untreated advanced renal cell cancer